The Gurmar in Hindi means “the destroyer of sugar.” It adjusts blood sugar, optimizing blood sugar levels — if someone has too high sugar or too low, it’s good for both. It is an excellent supplement for dieters, because it suppresses appetite, suppresses the sweet taste of food and thereby reduces the temptation to eat them. In homeopathy, this plant is used to produce the substance for treating blood sugar level.Practically every medicinal culture has already discovered this plant.
What does it consist of?
Dried grinding of the plant Gurmar (known in Latin as Gymnema sylvestre).
Treatment of diabetes in the West and in the world of Ayurveda
The blood sugar level problem in the western medicine is considered a pancreas problem. But in the East it is treated as pancreas and liver problem thus there is a cure for it. If the pancreas has a slight under or overfunction but the liver is normal, then the liver can adjust the blood sugar level to function normally. The Gymnema sylvestre also stimulates liver function, contributes to the ideal insulin production in order for our body to better break down the glucose from the carbohydrates, on the other hand, it stimulates the liver function in a way that it can store blood sugar more efficiently. From now on, in case a diabetes from any problem (under or overfunctioning) it will work together with the adjustment to make the blood sugar level optimal.
General effects of Gurmar based on Ayurvedic observations:
- It has a beneficial effect in case of insulin resistance (affect pregnancy since many fail to get pregnant because of having insulin resistance)
- Optimizes the blood sugar level by increasing the amount of insulin producing cells of the pancreas
- Stimulates liver function
- Helps optimizing insulin production
- Appetite reducer and carbohydrate absorption inhibitor, affecting adjusting carbohydrate metabolism, thus helping dieters, and suppresses the taste of sweet dishes and this way it reduces the desire for these foods.
- Within the framework of a healthy diet, Gurmar helps to lose weight
- Promotes the adjustment of healthy cholesterol level in the body
It has a beneficial effect in the treatment of the following symptoms/diseases:
- Insulin resistance
- Blood sugar level problems (both low and high)
- Diet, dieting, weight reduction
Our supplier partner in India is a certified organic producer of Ayurvedic products. All our products are 100% vegan, with cellulose capsules and Halal and Kosher certified.